Regular attendance is critical to the learning process. Research shows that frequent absences seriously affect learning. We encourage you to schedule all doctor and dental appointments during non-school hours.
When your child is going to be absent from school because of an illness or other reason, please let the office know as soon as possible (425-837-5200). Parents must communicate the absence to the school office through a phone call, note or email to the attendance office (CSAttendance@issaquah.wednet.edu). Please report your student’s absence with the following information:
- Student Name
- Date(s) of absence
- Reason for absence
Pre-arranged Absences: Absences due to family trips may only be excused when prior approval has been given by the school. Prearranged Absence Forms are listed below. Prearranged absences should be submitted at least 2 weeks ahead of time.
Things to note:
- Any absence is marked unexcused if the office is not notified.
- A student arriving 2 or more hours after the start of the day is considered absent for the morning.
- A student who leaves 2 or more hours before dismissal is considered absent for the afternoon.
- Per State law beginning 2017-18:
- 5 or more unexcused absences in a month require a letter and a petition to be filed with the courts.
- 10 or more unexcused absences in a year require a letter and a petition to be filed with the courts.